Sr. CAD Engineer – Timing for Gate-Level Flows & Methodologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role as a senior level member of the STA CAD Tech & Signoff team, you will be an integral part of the effort to improve the performance of Apple silicon. You will be responsible for all aspects of timing including working with designers for timing changes, helping construct/modify flows, timing analysis and timing closure. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products.
- Typically requires 8+ years of hands on experience in static timing analysis flows.
- Familiar with STA of large high-performance SoC or Processor designs in deep sub-micron technologies
- Proficiency in analysis, tools, and methodologies for timing closure
- Deep understanding of noise, cross-talk, OCV effects, margins, and constraints
- Programming in Perl, Python, Tcl, C++ or other languages is a requirement
- Good communicator who can accurately assess, describe issues to management and follow solutions through to completion
- Familiarity with timing and power ECO techniques and implementation, circuit modeling, including SPICE models and worst-case corner selection is a plus
Working with design teams to understand and debug issues related to constraints, flow scripts, and timing closure Facilitate and drive STA methodology changes to improve overall STA flows Create/maintain scripts and methods for timing analysis and power reduction Deep analysis of timing paths to identify key issues Implement infrastructure to facilitate analytics and visualization Help build timing and power ECO custom scripts for project tapeout Working with Physical Design team, highlighting issues and standard methodologies Capture and help with guidelines/specs
Education & Experience
BS, MS/PhD* preferred, degree in technical field (* if fewer years of experience)