Apple Media Products (AMP) Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) has been owning the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. This includes the deeply successful App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, and more. We are looking for a self starting, ambitious individual to act as a hands-on software engineering Manager in the Apple Media Group Infrastructure Engineering team. You should have experience developing large-scale web-based applications. The ability to be a good team leader with a clear product vision and ability to pursue problems with forward-thinking solutions is key to success in this position. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong experience with Java and the Java ecosystem.
- Experience with distributed systems similar to Cassandra and Kafka
- Successful track-record as a software engineering leader.
- Experience building and launching very large-scale production internet services.
- Experience in taking on challenging projects in the fields of distributed systems, performance, scalability techniques and architecture.
- Experience working with highly skilled team.
- Consistent record of driving technical innovation.
- History of setting aggressive yet attainable goals, and motivating teams to achieve them.
- A focus on product and technology strategy.
We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual to act as a hands-on software engineering manager in the Apple Media Group Infrastructure Engineering team. As an engineering manager on this team you will: - Be crafting, developing and deploying large scale services and platforms - Be a product owner with a vision for what your building for your internal customers - Be a teammate, a leader, a student, and a mentor - Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions - Be curious about how systems work and how they fail, because they always do - Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience - Believe in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle - Love measuring all things so we can make the right decisions
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Engineering or equivalent