Global Supply Manager, Mechanical Enclosures
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. The enclosure team plays an integral part of the product development process. Working in tandem with renowned designers to develop manufacturing methods and measurement control plans that achieve visionary specifications at massive production scale. The focus is on elegant execution of industrial designs that continue to stretch conventional beliefs and at times appear to border on the impossible, resulting in products that delight our customers. The primary role of the team is to support and lead a network of supplier factories worldwide, with responsibility to deliver; extraordinary quality; on-time; to aggressive schedules.
- Has more than 5 years of experience in Supply Chain or Project/Program Management in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Has knowledge of and experience with, global supplier development & management, and cost management Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of meeting challenging organizational objectives
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Has extraordinary ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams within Apple as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Excellent presentation skills to senior management and executive presence
- Ability to travel Internationally
Due to the importance of this discipline in the definition of Apple's brand, this business group must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the very business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking mechanical developments and business execution creates challenges that drive processes that require a bridge from engineering risk to manufacturing capability to business needs. We are seeking an experienced Global Supply Manager (GSM) to work with the iPad Manufacturing Design Team to help execute the following: - Supply Chain Management: you will identify, develop, and manage Apple’s Global Enclosure Supply Chain. You will help establish our global supply chain strategy, identifying those growth vendors that can best meet Apple’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology, and identifying those vendors that should be phased-out. - Cost Management: you will achieve most efficient costs for iPad mechanical enclosure parts and equipment while helping enable Apple’s unique design requirements - Cross-functional Support / Leadership: you will support cross-functional teams during development and ramp. You will demonstrate strong situational leadership of Apple as well as suppliers teams. - Manage Availability: you will ensure availability of enclosure parts to support production demand. - Program Management: you will manage resources and tasks to achieve program objectives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering; MBA preferred.