iOS Application Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. Do you want to work with us to push the limits of the best Augmented Reality platform in the world? Would you like to create Augmented Reality experiences for millions of people? This iOS Applications Developer role will offer you the opportunity to partner with our extraordinary team of technologists, artists and designers to build new software products that will change the way people experience their own reality.
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS applications
- Experience with UIKit and the iOS SDK
- Experience developing multi-threaded, asynchronous code using GCD and NSOperation
- Strong API design knowledge
- Deep understanding of Xcode
- Experience debugging and optimizing applications throughout the stack using tools such as lldb and instruments
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passionate and inspired by Apple's mission and products
You will primarily be responsible for implementing features for new AR experiences. To succeed in this role, you are a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. We work very closely with software, content, algorithms and UX teams in a collaborative work environment. Do you love building an elegant user experience and are passionate about improving experiences on mobile devices? Do you enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications? Are you are excited about developing new features, as well as maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design? Do you care deeply about software architecture and writing code that is robust and maintainable for the future? Do you take the extra step to run your projects through instruments and fine-tune performance to deliver the best experience to users? You know it’s all in the details.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CS or equivalent
- - Familiarity with ARKit
- - macOS development experience
- - Intimate knowledge of iOS design patterns and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- - Track record of shipping high-quality, GUI-based applications or technologies
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.