Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Marcom Post-production Department (PPD) is a full-service post-production organization comprised of the following divisions: creative editorial, grading, audio, and visual effects. The Creative Editorial division works across all post-production divisions. The PPD teams have a sense of pride in the work being produced, a shared sense of purpose as a group and is known for delivering the highest quality creative. The ideal candidate is highly creative, strong technically, and has a proven track record of delivering on large scale productions. Our Editors have artistic sensibilities, strong storytelling ability (visual storytelling/documentary storytelling), technical expertise in all aspects of post-production, experience editing short and long format work, and experience in versioning.
- You have at least five years of experience at an offline editorial house, in-house advertising agency, or in-house commercial production company.
- Collaborate and partner closely with finishing team, music supervisors, and creatives from ideation through to final master delivery. Have deep knowledge and experience both creatively and technically in following fields: broadcast, web, theater and event deliverables..
- You have a strong background in music and timing;
- You are an authority in the discipline of creative editing - the pictorial language and structure of storytelling.
- You have experience with supervised sessions with clients.
- You have a deep understanding of the post-production pipeline: offline, online & conform, general compositing, screen compositing / replacement, picture clean up, logo & wire removal, rotoscoping, color correction, reflection removal, image stabilization, grain removal/matching, tracking, time/speed morphs, project archiving and mixing.
- You have a proven understanding of devices, frame rates, compression schemes, file formats and cameras.
- You have an extraordinary sense of taste and an ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles
- You will have extraordinary communication and relationship skills, including collaborating cross-functionally both up and down within the organization.
- You have energy, drive, passion and enthusiasm to do and be the very best and are a driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency
- You can provide examples of work that demonstrate creative sensibilities and represent an artistic point of view.
- You are able to work unpredictable hours in order to achieve creative success.
We are strong creative partners to the copy writer, art direct, producer and director. We work to build and own effective strategies the address the creative needs for a variety of work including different styles and needs across Marcom. We have the ability to visualize the creative team’s vision in the early concepting stage and continual ideation with the team throughout the edit. We have an expertise in the Software: FCPX, After Effects, Compressor, Photoshop We act as a champion of Apple brand standards in all aspects of creative work.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree is recommended