Digital ASIC Architect - Sensing Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join the Sensor ArchitectureTechnology team, which is a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving team that is developing architecting Apple's Touch and Sensing Systems. You'll have an opportunity to define performance requirements and helping translate to all major subsystems and ASICs. These sensor solutions are central to Apple’s products, which include iPhone, iPad, Watch, etc... The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best user-experience through state-of- the-art sensor solutions, such as the high-precision, low-latency multi-touch and stylus sensors in the our products. New challenges arise every single day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that champions engineering creativity and a real passion for innovation.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high volume IC designs in consumer products; direct experience with touch technology and / or flat panel display technology is beneficial
- Strong electrical engineering background in digital signal processing, practical digital transceiver architecture design, digital filter design, mixed-signal design, and embedded system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven collaboration and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Verilog, or similar simulation, design and modeling tools
- Experience with Touch technology is a plus
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Touch sensor digital system architecture - Develop high performance, low power signal processing architectures and sensing algorithms to achieve the best touch solutions - System-level design and IC micro-architecture definition of complex digital and mixed-signal ASICS including requirements for: 1. ARM processing, memory, and DSP sub-system, Power Management, Reset, clocking, I/O interfaces, and peripherals 2. Define common Digital platform architecture framework including design methodology and best practices to be used as a reference for Architecture team 3. Author detailed specifications, analyses, and characterization plans for touch system ASIC’s 4. Experience in FPGA emulation system design preferred, including leading pre-silicon system validation, prototype bring-up, debug, validation, characterization, and module integration support 5. Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking 6. Minimal business travel as needed to support product development Cross-functional Responsibilities: - Manage cross-function technical development of Touch solutions - Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions - Author presentations that communicate program status, technical issues, risks, and mitigations plans, clearly and concisely - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments
Education & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.