Wireless eSIM Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join Apple’s Wireless Software Engineer eSIM team and drive innovation that matters! We have shipped eSIM features in iPads, cellular watch and most recently in iPhone. We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you are passionate about writing code and would be interested in developing eSIM features for Apple’s Cellular Products, then we may have the job for you. The Wireless Technologies team is looking for a strong programmer to join our growing eSIM team.
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C/C++ for cellular devices
- Strong objective oriented design skills
- Development experiences with real-time operating systems
- Proven debugging skills for embedded products
- Development experience of SIM or cellular features for consumer products
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate with multi-functional teams
- Passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
Our team focuses on developing high-level system requirements and standardization of short-range communication technologies. As a Systems Engineer, you’ll be actively involved in standardization groups and help keep internal teams apprised of standards development and direction, while supporting development teams with defining features, architecture and design. You may participate in standardization bodies and worldwide meetings such as IEEE 802.11 and Wi-Fi Alliance (about 5-6 per year), which will require international travel (North America, Europe, and Asia). You will also develop prototypes and proof-of-concept implementations, and support QA and certification efforts for key programs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, CS or equivalent degree