Analog Mixed/Signal IC Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and especially talented Analog Mixed-Signal IC Designer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple Silicon Engineering is seeking qualified circuit designers to work on the next generation analog & mixed-signal (AMS) circuits for Apple’s world-leading systems-on-chip (SOCs). Apple’s Ax SOCs are the brain of every iPhone and iPad. Several types of AMS circuits are used to connect them to the physical world as well as enable optimizing their performance. You will be part of a growing AMS team involved in design and productization on leading-edge CMOS process technology nodes.
- The team member will have a strong knowledge of mixed-signal design techniques and understanding design trade-offs. Deep understanding of transistor operation and device physics as applied to analog and digital IC design.
- Possess strong circuit analysis skills (e.g., AC/DC circuit analysis, small signal circuit analysis, feedback loop theory, statistics, etc).
- Good knowledge of basic analog circuit building blocks (e.g., band-gaps, bias circuits, op-amps, switched-cap circuits, regulators, etc.) digital building blocks (e.g., latches, flip-flops, logic gates, etc.), and feedback/compensation techniques. Strong knowledge in digital circuit clocking, design, verification and analysis.
- You will know how to use of Cadence schematic and layout entry tool (Virtuoso). Spice simulation tools (e.g., HSpice, Spectre).
- The ideal candidate should also have knowledge or experience in any of the following areas: Low power and low noise design techniques. High precision techniques in presence of device mismatch.
- Have knowledge of C/Matlab/VerilogA modeling of AMS blocks.
- Know scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python).
- Use of spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Static timing analysis.
- Perform transistor-level feasibility study and modeling for various analog/mixed-signal circuit blocks - Designing blocks and documenting design simulation and verification towards formal design reviews - Drive mask design to implement layout views of designs and drive layout reviews - Post-layout and top-level simulations to validate top-level integration - Run design verification flows (e.g., electro-migration, IR drop, LEC, timing, etc) to verify design is ready for tape-out - Participating in production and bench-level test plans - Taking lab measurements to validate performance compliance with the spec - Participating in reviewing yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes
Education & Experience
Requires MSEE with at least 2-3 years in related area of experience or PhD