PCIe Design Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Does making the next extraordinary technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of our team there's no telling what you could accomplish. We have a highly visible role for an individual with a strong PCIe background spanning both hardware and software. As the PCIe Design Integration Engineer, you will collaborate with the Architecture team and the PCIe micro-architecture lead to receive design hardware requirements, build, design and validate PCIe subsystems for SoCs for next generation Apple products.
- Experience crafting PCIe end points. Knowledge of PCIe root complex and/or PCIe switch design is a plus.
- RTL Logic Design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- Hands on experience for all aspects of the chip development process with proficiency in front-end tools and methodologies
- Experience writing specifications and converting them to design
- Experience with bring up and lab debug of FPGAs and silicon
- Solid background in the design of PCIe end points
- Knowledge of PCIe root complex design and/or PCIe switch design is a plus
- Knowledge of various DMA architectures is a plus
- Good knowledge of Verilog and FPGA prototyping
- Experience scripting in Perl
You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC design and chip bring up: You will work with other specialists that are members of the SoC Design, SoC Design Verification, System Verification, Firmware, Emulation, STA, and Physical Design teams to deliver working PCIe hardware solutions within the SoC Develop micro-architecture and design specifications mplement and verify complex logic designs Hands-on verification and validation on emulation platforms running with the SW drivers Working with designers on STA, physical, power and logical issues
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required