Electronic Noise and Vibration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio and Acoustics team at Apple is seeking an Electronic Noise & Vibration Engineer. As the Electronic Noise and Vibration Engineer, you will be directly responsible for design and validation testing of electronic noises across all products. You will work hand-in-hand with the product design and NVH teams, innovating in small groups with high initiative. You will also make significant engineering contributions to industry-leading consumer electronic devices. We are seeking the most passionate talent to join our group! We are a rapidly growing team, dynamic and are driven to innovate. Are you passionate about creating new products, working alongside passionate team members? If so, this could be your opportunity.
- You will have a solid fundamental knowledge of acoustics principles, preferably in high-volume consumer electronics environment and electrical concepts. Other qualifications include:
- 5+ years of noise and vibration experience
- Strong theoretical and experimental background in acoustics and vibration
- Solid testing and data analysis skills for both transient and steady state signals
- Proven experience in anechoic/hemi-anechoic chambers and the use of precision-grade instrumentation
- Phenomenal understanding of noise generation in electrical systems
- EE and circuit design experience is a plus
- Good hearing over the audible frequency range
- Ability to effectively contribute in fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Creativity in problem solving
As part of Apple’s Noise & Vibration group, you will have responsibilities that include: Complete noise and vibration validation testing and target setting in both lab and manufacturing environments Apply noise level and sound quality metrics Create detailed SOPs, test plans, and specifications Execute experiments and data analysis Perform root cause analysis of noise sources Run user studies to determine key attributes driving user perception of noise Utilize of state-of-the-art facilities and instrumentation for ultra low-noise measurements Clearly communicate complex data to technical and non-technical team members Work with multi-functional teams on creative solutions to noise problems Interact with a small team of highly skilled and motivated engineers Some travel will be required
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustical or mechanical engineering. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.