Real Estate and Development, Project Management - Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in commercial or industrial construction as a project manager in North America
- Experience with employee management preferred but not required
- Design and construction project management experience that includes the following:
- Project management as an Owner’s representative
- Ability to lead project design and construction team with end-users, in-house IT, security teams, etc.
- Experience with technology company project types: office TI’s, electronic labs, server labs,amenity spaces, etc.
- Experience with fast track design-build construction
- Strong background in commercial construction to include working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing building systems, tenant improvements, site work, landscaping, etc.
- Management of LEED certified projects
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, priorities, and internal challenges at once
- The ability to fully utilize Apple products to complete work
Team Leadership that includes following: Management and assignment of projects and project resources; oversee internal or contract resources as workload varies Development of annual and project specific Capital plans Provide regular mentoring, feedback, guidance and performance management to the team Provide guidance to the team based on project re prioritization, financial guidance, customer needs, etc. Regularly meet with internal and external partners and peers to ensure the team is delivering expected results; provide feedback on the comprehensive project delivery of all partners integral to the user experience Regularly meet with customers to ensure project delivery is meeting or exceeding business unit needs Specific project management that includes the following: Project initiation and engagement of design professionals to include architects, engineers and specialty consultants Management and support of design professionals from programming to completion Engagement of general contractors to include competitive bidding and negotiation Creation and maintenance of the project budget and high level master schedule Engagement of and coordination with Apple IT, Security and AV project managers Coordination, ordering and installation oversight of furniture, fixtures and equipment for each project
Education & Experience
Engineering or Construction Management degree, or equivalent experience