Sr. Software Engineer, Apple Media Products - A/B Experimentation Platform Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our engineering organization has evolved into a data hungry culture that requires strong discipline in measuring and proving that our algorithms and systems perform their best. Apple Media Products is looking for an extraordinary engineer that can design, collaborate and lead our team into the next generation of A/B Testing Platforms. The systems and solutions you will be crafting will be core to our larger organization’s effectiveness. You will play a meaningful role in growing our A/B Testing efforts across the App Store, Apple Music, Video, Podcasts and iBooks businesses. If you live for looking around corners and the scientific method, this is an excellent role for you!
- 8 to 10 years of experience in software development.
- 6+ years of internet-scale application services development.
- A thorough knowledge of systems and methods that run traffic allocation and selection criteria for A/B testing purposes.
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications, as well as, re-architect and develop high throughput, low latency distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of global content delivery networks, load balancing techniques, and caching strategies.
- Proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and mission critical services is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
We are looking for a self-starting, high-energy individual with strong leadership and technical capabilities. A background in a data-centric culture within a large internet-scale company is important. As part of our team, expect to collaborate closely with other teams to integrate solutions with our core engineering, release engineering and site reliability engineering teams.
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Java application server development.
- Experience with engineering Search products and utilizing A/B testing for optimization.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP/S 1.0 and 2.0 standards.
- Familiarity with Apache Traffic Server is a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with one or more of: Memcached / Redis / Voldemort / Cassandra.
- Experience maintaining a large software system.
- Experience maintaining proven development strategies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Version Control such as git.