Senior Analog Layout Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an ambitious and exceptionally talented Senior Analog Layout Designer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. As a member of Apple’s Analog Mixed-Signal layout team, you will be working on the latest technology nodes to create world-class custom analog macros, IO's, etc. This is a fast paced work environment with endless learning opportunities working in the AMS design team with members of integration, CAD, circuit and technology engineering.
- Typically requires 10+ years experience in analog/mixed-signal layout design of deep SubMicron CMOS circuits.
- Experience crafting tight matching, low noise, and low power analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, pad IO's, ESD structures, etc.
- High level proficiency in custom and standard cell based floor-planning and hierarchical layout assembly.
- Understand issues of IR drop, RC delay, electro-migration, self heating and cross capacitance.
- Recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, have experience with analog and DFM best practices, and actively work with circuit designer for best approach to problems.
- High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc., reports.
- Knowledge of MENTOR GRAPHICS or CADENCE layout tools.
- Scripting skills in PERL or SKILL or AMPLE are considered a plus, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with multi-functional teams.
- Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout.
- Exceeding engineering specifications and expectations by working closely with the circuit design team.
- Utilizing advanced CAD tools and mask design knowledge to deliver correct and robust layout that meet stringent matching performance, area and power requirements.
As a member of the AMS layout team you will be responsible to deliver PDV clean layout, this includes the following: Crafting complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in deep SubMicron CMOS technologies. Reviewing and analyzing floor-plans and complex circuits with circuit designers. Running complete set of design verification tools available on AMS blocks. Working with circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any necessary layout trade-offs as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.