Linux Security DevOps Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do.. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. You will impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Have you lived the joys and sorrows of running at scale? Are you passionate at overcoming challenges with software instead of manpower? Do you thrive in the different levels between business strategy, committing code, and running in production? Apple needs a DevOps Manager in the Linux Security group, someone who has more than just mastery of the discipline, but a driving desire to take it further.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and leading technical teams
- Deep linux and Security knowledge
- Deals well with ambiguity, balancing strategic vision with pragmatic delivery constraints
- Broad, applied experience with common computing platforms, legacy and modern development tools and languages, database management systems, and current open source infrastructure software solutions
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Deep understanding of technical strategy, planning, management, and reporting/visualization processes and mechanisms
- Software engineering under ci/cd practices
- Familiarity with Fluentd/Fluent Bit, OSSEC, OpenSCAP, Kafka, Splunk, syslog
- Familiarity with CIS/PCI/HIPAA benchmarks/compliance
- Recent operational experience in a large (10,000+ hosts) computing environment
- Experience with configuration management & orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, and Chef
- Virtualization technologies including VMWARE, XEN, and KVM
- Prior management experience with full-time employee and contractor direct reports
The Infrastructure Services organization is looking for a DevOps manager to focus on Linux Security engineering and operations, leading a team of local and remote employees and contractors, reporting into the overall Linux platform team. This manager will continue to develop key relationships across engineering, compliance, information security, and operations organizations so we plan, build, and react with excellence. This platform services many key properties across the company and continues to grow in scale and complexity at a rapid pace. We require strong communications and interpersonal skills, as your work frequently involves other technical and business organizations as our representative. We need somebody who confidently navigates ambiguity by ruthlessly prioritizing your team’s work. We’re looking for a leader who drives results and stays deeply in the details.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or related field; 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Some travel (<15%) required to remote offices, hosting facilities, conferences, etc.