Sensing System HW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation sensor technologies in Apple products. Come join the Sensor Technology Team. We're a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving team developing state-of-the-art sensing solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more. As part of this team, you'll have an opportunity to participate in development from proof-of-concept all the way through end-product launch. The Sensing Systems teams integrates MEMS, magnetic and capacitive sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. You will bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals in analog and mixed-signal system-level circuit design
- Extensive experience in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Sensor and systems integration experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and Leadership skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: You will be responsible for leading System-level prototyping, integration, characterization and validation. - Drive Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving - Conduct analog circuit simulations and data analysis - Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies - Future technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations - Travel to support product development CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Lead technical development of sensors - Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions - Present to Executive Management on key developments / issues - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments
Education & Experience
- MSEE w/ 2+ years experience or PhD in EE
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.