Mechanical Prototyping Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, prototype, develop and support next-generation Sensing Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology team develops state of the art Touch and Sensing solutions that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Touch Sensing team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting premier solutions!
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, prototyping, development, and project leadership.
- 3D CAD experience required, Unigraphics NX preferred.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors.
- Experience with Applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry is beneficial.
- Experience with sensor technology is a plus.
- Experience with 3D printer, laser cutter, and other machine tools is a plus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: You will be responsible for ideation, design, and support mechanical prototype development for touch and sensor technologies. - Brainstorm, design and implement infrastructure for characterization and validation of sensor technologies to enable products and teams. - Mechanical design using 3D CAD - Responsible for mockups, functional prototype fabrication, assembly bring up, debug, and testing - Communicate cross-functionally on mechanical requirements and design directions. Participate in the development of new manufacturing processes to improve and optimize the sensor system to enable world-class user experience. - Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as EE, firmware, software. Perform user- interaction experiments Perform failure analysis and problem solving.
Education & Experience
- BSME required; MSME preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.