User Experience Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
PROTOTYPE NEW TOUCH AND SENSING TECHNOLOGIES The Touch Sensing Incubation Team develops cutting-edge Sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to explore new and compelling user-experiences. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong background and experience in EE systems design.
- Experience developing FW for embedded systems a plus.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (such as Python) and software development languages (such as C/C++).
- Proficiency with micro controller platforms for rapid prototyping (such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino).
- Proficiency with ECAD tools (Mentorgraphics, Altium, Cadence, Eagle, etc.)
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with sensor technology is a plus.
- Experience writing MacOS and/or iOS applications is a plus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Conceptualize and architect prototype hardware to demonstrate compelling features and user experiences. - Participate in generation of new ideas and intellectual property. - Author schematics and drive design of PCB and flex circuits through to fabrication. - Design and create mechanical components and enclosures for new prototype hardware. - Perform characterization, test, and validation of custom touch, sensing, and haptic solutions; analyze results and create reports/presentations when needed. - Help build a fun and creative group dynamic which continues to grow and inspire. Cross-functional Responsibilities: - Work closely with cross-functional teams (hardware, firmware, software, product design) to develop polished highly integrated prototypes. - Research and bring in outside technology vendors for evaluation. - Solicit and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders on new prototype concepts.
Education & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.