Analog Mixed-Signal IC Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Architect/Design/Productize Analog ICs focused on ADC/DAC At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially talented Analog Mixed-Signal Designer! As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day!
- Good knowledge of ADC/DAC architectures and knowing which are suitable for given applications
- Good knowledge of band-gaps, bias, op-amps, switched-cap circuits, LDOs, feedback and compensation techniques
- The ideal candidate should have proven expertise in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of low noise design techniques
- Good knowledge of high precision techniques in presence of device mismatch
- Experience in C / MATLAB / Verilog modeling
- Strong device physics knowledge as it applies to analog IC designs
- Good working experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. to validate analog designs
- Experience in working with production test engineers to firm up test plans and design for testability details
In this role, the key responsibilities are the following: Involved in specifications of analog portions of IC. Behavioral modeling to validate architectures. Transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in ADC/DAC. You will craft blocks and documenting design towards formal design reviews. Have a deep understanding of Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. Top-level simulations to validate top-level integration. Defining production/bench-level test-plans. Taking lab measurements to validate analog designs. Driving/reviewing yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes. Design for ESD compliance.
Education & Experience
Requires MSEE with 5+ years in related area of expertise or PhD with 2 years of experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.