Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This role requires the ability to wear different hats: facilitator, innovator, and designer. You will work with multiple departments and domain experts to conduct needs assessments, develop learning objectives and design complete programs. An advanced knowledge in using a variety of techniques to develop instructional materials and demonstrating technology to deliver them is a requirement. You will need experience in graphic design and illustration with a working understanding of videography to advance the development of mobile training, instructor-led courses, and learning management systems while adhering to visual and training design principles. You will understand the needs of accessibility, usability, and the experience of design.
- Ensure that training objectives meet organizational goals through research and analysis
- Design solutions and training project plans
- Develop new or existing training content and documentation
- Maintain existing Keynotes, iBooks, and other interactive learning aids
- Lead training content on training devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone)
- Quick learner when faced with complex problems and will not shy away from coming up with new solutions
- Has good judgement on how potential creative and design ideas will work within the program.
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing education materials, preferably focusing on coding/computer science/developer education.
- Project-management skills with superb attention to detail and deadlines.
- Knowledge of educational technology (Apple and other) and ability to master new technologies quickly.
- You have strong writing and communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker who can be inventive, creative, and committed to results.
- Some experience in industry developing iOS apps is preferred.
In this role you will be responsible for building learning materials for Apple's Special Projects Group (SPG). You have passion for creating simple and elegant learning experiences using technology to improve engagement and outcomes. You have a strong background in technology-based instructional materials and you also bring expertise in needs analysis, developing lessons and courses, and in leading multiple projects. You will interact with other teams outside of Learning and Development, where collaboration, clear communication and organization are essential. The ability to handle multiple projects within a tight timeframe is important. You will need to thrive within a complex, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
BS in CS or equivalent.
- Adobe CC suite with proficiency in InDesign & Illustrator
- Working knowledge of HTML5
- Some background in videography
- Public speaking experience