EE Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is passionate about people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. ABOUT THE TOUCH TEAM: The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPads, AppleWatch, and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to design the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. Bring devices to life and enable them to interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in developing solutions the world doesn't know of yet. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience in FW development and embedded systems
- Experience in debugging system-level software/comfortable debugging across the stack.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Java
- Sound scripting skills in Python, Tcl, and/or Perl.
- Experience with Android or Linux operating systems
- Experience in creating GUI and SW tools development
- Proficient in communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, MIPI Bluetooth, UART, Ethernet, USB, ZigBee, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: - Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. - 3+ years of relevant experience in FW and embedded systems - Experience in HW bring-up and hands-on SW debug - Strong engineering fundamentals, and understanding of semiconductors, and sensors - Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Solid teamwork skills CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DESCRIPTION - Create embedded firmware for the mobile space. Design and implement HW to interface your solutions - Make sound firmware and software design decisions to encourage code reuse - Stay informed on recent market trends in the Touch domain, and propose new applications and ideas for key features and technology designs. Work together with key stakeholders on driving new projects and technology directions. - Support other engineers and designers in the development and implementation of prototype mobile devices. - Author reports and communications pertaining to key results and checkpoints - Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including EE, Firmware, HID, DV and mechanical design to deliver cutting edge solutions
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering minimum; MS or PhD a plus Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.