Newsroom Production Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Newsroom breaks news of Apple products and initiatives, and is the official word from Apple. We create Newsroom stories in collaboration with a variety of team members spanning Corporate Communications, Marcom, Product Marketing, and other teams across Apple. Newsroom stories are published on apple.com/newsroom, in a channel in the Apple News app, and are localized for Apple Newsrooms and other media across the globe. As a Newsroom Production Designer, you will work under the Newsroom Associate Creative Director to create images for Newsroom stories developed by the Corporate Communications team. In this role, you’ll crop and edit photos, create animated images, produce stills for encoded video, marry hardware stills with software UI screens in the creation of product stills, and do occasional retouching in the creation of Newsroom stories. You’ll occasionally be called upon to lay out a Newsroom story, making creative decisions about what should visually lead a story and illustrate the important points as part of a team that publishes several stories a week.
- You have at least four to six years of related experience within an editorial publication, digital agency, and / or in-house creative group for a major or upcoming brand.
- You have developed a compelling portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous eye for formal and design consistency, a strong and clean point of view, and a creative approach
- You are committed to attention to detail and the ability to be flexible, to adapt quickly to change, and to focus and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- You are a visual storyteller, understanding how visual design decisions in cropping photography and associating an image to text will impact the intended audience.
- You take pride in your OCD tendencies in your approach to solving visual design solutions
- You remain curious, ask questions, and dig deep to find solutions.
- You have a dream to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
Crop photos for Newsroom’s responsive web and Apple News app platforms, maintaining consistent visual approach throughout each story. Using video or an array of stills, craft engaging animated assets to communicate the main points of a story. Create supporting image assets for associated Newsroom video. Create new assets by using approved software screens and UI with approved hardware. Craft concise filenames of images based on SEO best practices. Review each CMS build to ensure correct implementation of visual assets. Communicate updates to Geo Newsroom Graphic Production team members, as necessary.