Battery Test Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you looking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you’ll be a team member to craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your broad skills as a test technician, and apply them to next generation battery development for Apple products, pushing the boundaries battery innovation.
- Typically requires at least 2+ years of test experience.
- Have a previous track record of success conducting tests - should also be able to process and summarize data.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail with handling of samples and test data.
- Possess experience with electrical and mechanical lab measurement equipment (measurement gauges, volt and impedance meters, as well as automated test equipment, etc).
- Highly experienced in a lab setting, bringing a can-do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Experience with battery cycle life testing using Maccor or Arbin testers is a plus
- Experience with test implementation on wafer processing / capital equipment, medical device or test & measurement equipment is helpful
- Experience with data analysis and s/w tools is highly preferred
- Execution of testing following detailed test procedures, preparing and documenting test results. - Running of complex test setups using high accuracy test equipment. - Troubleshooting equipment and sample issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed. - Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells. - Handling and providing sample materials with multi-functional team members.
Education & Experience
AS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related