Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to help push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you’ll help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. The Battery Data Systems team is responsible for developing and maintaining software that collects and reports battery data being captured by Hardware Engineering groups. We work closely with Design, Process and Test teams to deliver critical information that provides transparency into their operations.
- 2-5 years experience supporting or deploying application software for internal and external customers.
- Experience configuring or maintaining commercial enterprise application software packages (for example: inventory systems, manufacturing systems, PDM, ERP, LIMS, etc…)
- Experience providing first level software support to end users and issue triage
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills
- Comfortable with modern IT tech-stack concepts
- Ability to navigate in a Linux/Unix environment
- Able to train small and large groups
- Able to write and execute basic database queries
- You will be self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
- Be a strong advocate for improving processes and a clear communicator of new ideas
- Strong verbal interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
As a software techician, you will assist with deployments and provide ongoing assistance to our internal Apple Battery Engineering customers.
Education & Experience
AS/BS in Information Technology, or equivalent