Haptic Hardware Engineer - EE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to craft next-generation haptic technologies in Apple products? If so this job is for you! The Haptic Engineering team develops state of the art Haptic solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone and Apple Watch. The key goal is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise every single day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a highly multi-functional and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. JOB SUMMARY We are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to own the design, development, and validation of next-generation Haptic Technologies.
- Must have a strong background in analog, mixed signal design, and electromagnetism
- Hands-on experience in sensor and actuator system design, analysis, implementation, and validation
- Familiarity with modeling electro-mechanical systems
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, Simulink, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Experience with electromagnetic or piezoelectric actuators is a plus
- Experience in sensor interfacing and signal processing is a plus
- You should be team oriented and be able to thrive in collaborative multi-functional environment as well as have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your role will encompass a diverse array of responsibilities, including: - Haptic module design and system integration - Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies - Characterize and validate haptic module and system performance - Perform system modeling, simulation, and prototyping - Define factory test requirements for haptic system - Author engineering requirements and specifications - Communicating multi-functionally and throughout management structure (written, verbal, and presentation) - Perform failure mode analysis and module/system level problem solving - International travel to support the product development - Sensor and actuator technology scoping and proof of concept investigation - IP generation
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Applied Physics or equivalent, M.S./Ph.D preferred
- You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California and participate in international travel, as the team goes on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.