Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join the Motion team to work on for next generation of Health and Fitness features. In this role, you will be part of a high-energy team that has successfully delivered a wide spread of industry-leading software features including sensor fusion (e.g. device attitude and heading), health monitoring (e.g. fall detection on the Apple Watch), and many more!
- Strong engineering skill in Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Experience with modern cloud computing technologies such as Spark, NoSql, Cassandra, Kafka, AirFlow, Hadoop
- Familiar with modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
The team is looking for a data software engineer who will be focused on the development and maintenance of infrastructure that allows our team to develop the next generation of health and fitness features. In addition, you will be responsible for communicating with data scientists and algorithm researchers to implement the most effective models to improve data access, promote scientific research, and eventually ship groundbreaking features to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Interest in health and fitness technology is a big plus.
- Direct experience building highly scalable data storage solutions with emphasis on accessibility by data scientists and algorithm researchers is also heavily valued.