User Studies Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Be a part of the team that turns motion sensing into meaningful insights and experiences for Watch and iPhone users. The ever-evolving suite of health and fitness tracking features in iPhone and Watch are helping people live more active, healthier lives. We are looking for a highly motivated User Studies Scientist to design, manage, and monitor scientific studies for motion sensing features.
- Strong human research background including experimental design, writing protocols, navigating IRB process, executing study operations, and training other study staff
- 5+ years of industry or academic experience in biomechanics, exercise physiology, or related discipline in biomedical sciences/health
- Enthusiasm for health tracking technology
- Excellent collaboration and technical communication skills
- Proficient in Matlab
- You comprehend and deal well with rapid changes and remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- You are able to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas for communication to diverse teams and senior management
We are seeking an enthusiastic, driven, user studies scientist to design and lead studies of human movement and health applications for algorithm design and validation. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with internal and external groups to define protocols, identify study sites, prepare for IRB review, operationalize study details, and analyze study data for quality. You have expertise in crafting a study to answer specific scientific or engineering questions, and can overcome logistical challenges associated with operationalizing a protocol. You will need to possess phenomenal attention to detail, have the ability to engage and motivate cross-functional partners, and have strong organizational and planning skills. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We are searching for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in science or engineering discipline Coursework or experience with clinical studies or data, physiology, or exercise science
- Prior experience managing projects or vendor relationships.