Facilities Mail Clerk
Culver City, California, United States
Have you ever wondered who is responsible for the monitoring and logistics for Apple campus day to day shipping and receiving? We are searching for a motivated professional to be part of a dynamic Operations division, in support of the shipping/ receiving package team, in the role of mail clerk. An ability to make decisions given a deep understanding of procedures, policies, and practices to achieve results and maintain customer expectations, is sought after in a contributor for this role. A real passion for, and proven work experience, in package processing and handling is a strong preference. A capability in working with relevant software applications, so to efficiently carryout duties. You are a self starter with an aptitude for completing tasks on time. The ability to deliver at a high level of detail and work independently or with minimal supervision, is critical. A successful contributor is to have propensity for learning and carry out assigned responsibilities; safely, diligently, and with integrity. A team member that will roll up their sleeves, and carryout both the management and day to day manual tasks for maintaining a clean and effective shipping and handling environment, are critical aspects of this role.
- 5+ years of directly related experience
- Understanding of package handling and shipping/receiving processes Strong computer proficiency, including familiarity with software for: calendar/scheduling, spreadsheets, word processing
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in dynamic environment, while maintaining composure and integrity Ability to multi-task and coordinate with, or to direct others, including couriers and outside vendors.
- Familiarity with innovating processes and coordinating with personnel that carry them out.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to confidently and directly employ technology into daily duties
- Experience with handling of manual equipment, such as pallet jacks and hand trucks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including timely and clear reporting, as well as an ability to maintain standard operating procedures
- The ability to meet company insurance fleet requirements is critical to the role.
- Experience working in warehouse and associated loading dock environments
• Play a lead role in all mail related functions such as; receiving, sorting, distribution, and outgoing • Recommend and implement improvements to process and practices • Maintain professional communication with customers, vendors, and co-workers • Remain flexible and prepared to adapt to work schedule adjustments and changing priorities • Utilize company package tracking system for completion of related work tasks • Manage physical mailroom organization to support daily package processing workflows • Lead physical warehouse organization to support daily inventory processing workflows • Utilize company vehicles to deliver packages to campus buildings and related mail stops • Track and stock mailrooms / mail-stops with shipping and basic office supplies • Efficiently respond to (email/text/phone call) correspondence from customers and colleagues • Perform physical actives, such as: (1) lift up to 50 pounds, (2) push/pull equipment, and (3) bend/squat/kneel/reach
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) - Related associates or trade degree preferred