Quality Engineering Manager - Health Software
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Health is a diverse, talented, and passionate team striving to help people live healthier lives while keeping their data safe, private, and secure. We create amazing applications that enrich people’s lives in meaningful ways. We also provide APIs and SDKs to 3rd party developers so devices and applications can seamlessly integrate in the Apple ecosystem. We are looking for a highly technical, customer focused Quality Engineering Manager with a proven track record for delivering rock solid automated test coverage across complex problem spaces. The successful candidate has a background in both engineering and software QA methodologies, great people management skills, strong cross-functional collaboration, and is a confident and clear communicator. You will lead a team that provides automated test coverage for client based software and services across different layers of stack.
- 3+ years of proven management experience developing and leading employees.
- 5+ years experience in commercial software industry, mix of QA & Development is ideal.
- Adept at determining/aligning testing requirements with automated systems & coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with cross-
- functional teams.
- Must effectively and independently manage multiple projects and workflows.
- Strong Java/Scala, Objective-C/Swift.
- Solid experience in test planning, performance testing, scalability/reliability testing, troubleshooting, debugging.
Leadership and management of talented team of quality focused engineers in fast-paced environment. Translate testing requirements into detailed plans, developing schedules, delivering automated solutions in predictable, timely manner. Work with cross-functional teams to assess risks, understand coverage needs and priorities. Work with Engineering/QA to build, develop, deploy automated tests, solutions. Strengthen team by hiring and retaining top-flight engineering talent. Enable team culture that embraces & drives change, motivates development of simple solutions to complex problems.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with medical, health and fitness concepts is a plus
- Passion for digital health and fitness