Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We're looking for a seasoned health editor who will work with a team of writers and designers to produce engaging educational content relevant to consumers. You will have a proven track record in the creation of short and long form consumer-facing, educational and reference health content. You are passionate about educating and empowering individuals to understand and manage their health and wellness. You will be interested in a broader picture of behavior change and see how inserting the right information, at the right time, in the right way, can lead to positive individual change. You are fluent in current healthcare, wellness and fitness topics.
- Experience writing and editing user-centric, engaging health content in print or online.
- Strong ability to motivate creative editorial teams.
- Experience developing and managing editorial calendars, assigning and editing work from internal and external creative resources.
- Working knowledge of evidence-based medicine and how research methodology can affect conclusions.
- Experience managing and evolving a style guide.
- Experience working with content management systems and content workflow.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with clinicians across a variety of specialties and perspectives.
- Proven ability work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communications skills.
- Knowledgeable about current healthcare topics.
- Working knowledge of localization, translation strategies as they relate to content creation.
Develop and execute editorial strategy aligned to various health initiatives within Apple. Conceive of and execute content ideas that will educate users about health topics relevant to them. Help to build a team that will grow to meet the needs of Apple Health. Manage a team of internal and external writers, assigning, reviewing and editing their work. Work closely with with expert and clinical review teams. Work with design resources to develop appropriate editorial and technical illustrations. Collaborate with other creative resources to develop and cultivate an editorial style guide. Ensure all content adheres to the style guide based on audience and purpose. Ongoing alignment with engineering and other team members to build a content management system. Develop content and concepts in concert with other media that range from news, video, podcasts and apps.
Education & Experience
Relevant degree beneficial but not required.