Senior Standards Legal Counsel
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You will help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be able to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. We are seeking a Senior Standards Legal Counsel. In this role, you will lead a variety of legal matters pertaining to participation in technical standards bodies, partnering with the business to achieve objectives and working closely with internal partners to develop and implement standards strategies, and engage externally on governance and policy committees within technical standards bodies.
- - 7+years experience (either at a major law firm and/or in-house) providing general legal advice and legal advice related to technical standards and participation in standards bodies.
- - Strong insight and deep knowledge in the operation and intellectual property policies of standards bodies, as well as direct experience in the development and/or revision of standards’ bodies’ intellectual property policies or agreements
- - Ability to advise all types and levels of business, legal and engineering clients effectively.
- - Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- - Highly motivated and independent self-starter; comfortable learning new legal areas and skills
- - Excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- - Excellent work ethic and collaborative skills
- - Sound judgment, strong interpersonal & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
As a Senior Standards Legal Counsel, you will manage legal policy, processes and matters related to participation in technical standards organizations, consortia, and special interest groups. You will work closely with internal legal and business partners, and partner with clients to achieve standardization objectives; implement policy and processes related to contribution to and participation in standards bodies; educate business organizations on standards-related legal issues; participate in standards bodies’ governance and policy committees; draft agreements and policies; and lead compliance with legal obligations associated with participation in standards bodies.
Education & Experience
JD. USPTO Registration or degree in engineering, computer science is a plus.