Neural Engine Hardware Architect- Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Platform Architecture team is looking for a Machine Learning/Computer Vision authority who will help us build future Hardware platforms for intelligent mobile devices.
- Expertise and experience in machine learning algorithms, such as convolutional neural network, LSTM (Long Short-Term Memory) neural network, classification/detection and their applications
- Familiarity in computer vision algorithms such as object detection, tracking and recognition, 3D computer vision — SfM/SLAM
- Understanding the system implications of aforementioned algorithms in terms of performance and power
- Knowledge/experience in HW architecture, computer architecture, GPU architecture is a huge plus
- Proven programming skills in C++/C and Python
- Knowledge in image processing, camera pipeline is a plus
- Knowledge in language/speech processing is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across various groups
In this highly visible role, you’ll work with other architects building the next-generation Neural Engine. As an architect, you’ll work with SW/applications team on driving future requirements on machine learning/computer vision applications, prototype them in C++/Python, write architecture spec, and work with HW design teams for implementation. The tasks involved require cross-functional collaboration with HW design/verification, compiler/FW/driver and ML research teams, and clear verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Education & Experience
PhD in CS/EE specializing Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Computer Vision areas. Master degree with industry experience can be considered.