Facilities Space Planner
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have an important role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and manage these properties around the world. You and your group will travel the world in search of groundbreaking new and sustainable materials. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. We are seeking an individual contributor to provide business support for site space planning, space management and MAC planner. As the Facilities Space Planner you will work closely with the businesses and internal Facilities teams to ensure business space needs and operational requirements are supported. Other duties include reporting and monitoring space utilization, developing test fits, and maintaining CAFM system data, and site master CAD files. This position is on site in Austin, Texas.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Prior experience with Corporate Facilities Space Planning or MAC activity
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Self-starter able to navigate ambiguity
- Experience with commercial modular furniture installation and reconfigurations
- Experience with CAD drafting and design documents
- Gather and document business space requirements and coordinate support with Facilities team. - Advocate for business priorities when Facilities projects or activities may impact operation and assist with communications to key contacts. - Develop short and long-term space solutions, including ability to plan and manage complex move plans. - Work with assigned business units to gather and maintain headcount plans and maintain business outlook and planning documentation.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience, or equivalent relevant Facilities or Project management work experience.