Radar Systems Algorithm Engineer - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our team Wireless Architecture team? In this role you will be a key member of our Wireless Architecture team supporting the development of wireless technologies and algorithm development in support of all Apple platforms.
- This role requires a solid understanding of traditional radar applications and signal processing techniques including SAR.
- You should have 8+ years of experience as individual technical contributor involved in designing signal processing and radar systems
- In depth knowledge of radar applications and signal processing
- Hands-on lab experience bringing up, validating, and characterizing wireless silicon – including familiarity with test equipment such as spectrum analyzer, power meter, signal generator, etc.)
- Deep understanding of radar theory and algorithm design (incl. SAR)
- Familiarity with wireless protocols such as 802.11n/ac/ax, 802.11ad, LTE, or BT is a plus
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation
- A solid mathematical foundation is required, as well as familiarity with methods of signal analysis and estimation.
You will design, simulate, and validate state of the art wireless sensing applications You will implement algorithms and sensing solutions on HW prototype platforms You will define and document system level and chip level requirements and specifications You will collaborate to deliver competitive benchmarking and vendor evaluation and technical management
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering