Power Systems Architect (Wireless) - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a talented engineer with 10+/- years experience to join our exciting team of problem solvers.
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, 802.11ax, 802.11ad) and their implications on wireless chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- 5+ years of wireless system architecture experience in mobile applications and expertise with power modeling of wireless chipsets or platforms
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a cross functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Understanding of SOC and mobile system and power delivery and power management architectures
- Innovative and critical thinker with proven analytical skills and innate curiosity
- Highly professional, collaborative, with extraordinary communication and presentation skills
In this role you will be a key member of the wireless architecture team acting as the technical lead for power modeling and architecture for wireless systems. You will architect, analyze, prototype and evaluate power management algorithms and architecture for cellular chipsets. You will be explore and implement a variety of power management solutions to improve battery life, system energy efficiency while providing magnificent user experience. You will collaborate closely with system, SOC, and software developers to create, prototype and evaluate HW/SW solutions for multiple product segments. You will deliver advanced and leading edge power management software prototypes. You will use data driven analysis to quantify and explain multi-functional trade-offs between system design, power consumption and user experience to an exceptionally sophisticated multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.