Hardware Characterization Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world’s finest devices. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are searching for a self-motivating, passionate electrical engineer for the role of HW Characterization Engineer. In this role, you will perform lab characterization and validation of mixed-signal ICs and IPs, as well as develop board-level solutions for characterization and emulation platforms. You will work closely with the designers and cross-functional teams at the silicon and module levels. You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- 5+ years of experience in test development, debug, and reporting for mixed-signal ICs and IPs.
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment including digital multimeter, source meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer, BERT, etc.
- Solid experience in designing PCB schematics (Orcad) and layout (Allegro) for analog and mixed-signal applications including FPGA.
- Experience with test automation and data analysis platforms.
- Excellent coding / scripting skills (Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.).
- Experience in lab setup and maintenance, as well as rework.
- Experience in testing of PLL, DLL, SERDES, memory interface, LDO, and voltage reference.
- ADC / DAC testing experience is very useful.
- Experience in SI / PI measurements is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership skills for driving test plans and debug activities.
- Analog circuit design experience is an advantage.
Prepare silicon validation and characterization test plans in consultation with the design team. Define requirements for test equipment and evaluation boards, design PCB schematics and layout, and arrange for their purchase or manufacture. Set up and maintain test infrastructure. Test, debug, and characterize mixed-signal IPs and ICs through a combination of FPGA, JTAG, and analog interfaces. Perform and debug compliance tests of standard interfaces such as MIPI, DisplayPort, USB, etc. Develop scripts to automate tests, extract results, and generate reports using database and analysis tools. Compare measured performance against design specifications. - Collaborate with the silicon design team, module and system HW / SW teams, Test Engineering, and Product Engineering.