Analog IP Post-Silicon Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will perform lab characterization and validation of embedded circuits; and you will collaborate with many disciplines to launch the world's premiere mobile computing chips. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and especially talented Analog IP Post-Silicon Validation. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every
- - 3 or more years experience in test development, debug, and reporting that includes: Device tests and script development, Python required
- - Use of electronic measurement equipment
- - Use of data science and machine learning platforms and databases
- - Testing/characterizing data converters, clock generation and timing, I/O, time and frequency domain measurements
- - Testing/characterizing control loops for various voltage regulator topologies (LDOs, bucks, multi-phase bucks).
- - Lab work including soldering/instrumenting systems for test or debug. Matlab/DSP experience is a plus
- - Initiative taking ownership of responsibilities, being productive, meeting aggressive deadlines
- - Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- - Emphasis on quality of work: should self-check scripts, test patterns, and reports
You will be part of a small team responsible for: - Bench test, debug, and characterization of embedded on-chip circuits (PLLs, DLLs, clocks, memory interfaces, and I/Os) - In-system PI/SI measurements for correlating with simulation models - Debug compliance test failures of standard interfaces (USB, MIPI, DisplayPort) - Setup, debug, and maintain lab system test environment - Development of bench top characterization tests exercising on-chip circuits through a combination of FPGA, JTAG, and analog interfaces - Development and execution of scripts to automate tests, extract and store results, and generate reports using database and analysis tools - Applying machine learning methods to identify trends and optimize algorithms. Preparation of reports related to characterization and debug - Work with chip design teams, system HW and SW design teams, Test engineering, and Product Engineering
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.