Digital Hardware Engineer for RF Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you seek to become part of a world-class wireless hardware team responsible for the design, implementation, and verification of the baseband systems for all mobile Apple products? If you do you should be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. Your ability to work proactively and collaboratively with engineering groups across Apple to solve complex digital issues encountered during prototype development will have you engaged all the way to the Keynote.
- We would like you to have at least 3 years of professional industry experience and know the basics of SoC/FPGA architecture and silicon micro-architecture.
- Your basic understanding of digital logic principles including timing, state-machine debug and/or RTL/test-bench development will help you become a contributing team member faster.
- Your experience with high-speed memory systems, communication interfaces (e.g., DDR, USB/HSIC, PCIe, MIPI), an understanding of modern operating systems, multi-threaded systems, firmware, device drivers with familiarity of interpreting and navigating schematics and layout are all necessities of this role.
- A good understanding of MAC + Protocol specifications for digital interfaces, writing basic software routines and test scripts are highly desired skills.
- Further your experience crafting tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects are well suited for our team.
- We value your hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers).
- Your strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a dedicated attitude will see your successes build as you do your life's best work on the RF Design Team at Apple.
In this role you will contribute requirements during pre-silicon phases of upcoming next-generation wireless chipsets across all technologies. This makes your instrumental during new chipset and system bringup, working cross-cross-functionally to communicate with new hardware for the first time. You work closely with internal hardware and silicon teams to bring-up, characterize (performance/power) and validate new digital interfaces + protocols by designing, executing, and debug system-level test plans for new silicon implemented in next generation Apple products. We also work multi-functionally and with external vendors to root cause silicon design issues found during development prototype builds including external chipset vendors to develop successful integration and verification plans. Your love for travel will be a positive for this position as there will be some required domestic and international travel.
Education & Experience
Your BS EE or equivalent required; while your MS EE or equivalent is a preference.