RF System Integration Engineer - UWB/NFC
San Diego, California, United States
Dynamic, encouraging and innovative technologies are the norm here. You are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a RF Systems Integration Engineer in Apple's Wireless Design organization you develop and optimize RF automation systems used on Apple’s newest products including iPhone, Watch, iPad for tens of millions of end-users. If you thrive in supporting multiple products by authoring scalable software and utilizing strong engineering fundamentals, we want to talk with you! • Your active contribution to a multi-faceted software suite based on C/C++; and being adept in a variety of wireless technologies will have you contributing to the team quickly. • Furthermore, your analysis of results in conjunction with RF Hardware and Antenna Engineering teams to identify root cause issues.
- Your understanding and current experience with Wireless RF Standardizations (e.g., 3GPP, LTE, CDMA, 802.15.xx, NFC) will have you innovating quickly.
- Your excellent programming fundamentals and work experience in one or more language: C, C++, or Objective-C will have your supplying quickly to our projects.
- Are you a super-user of Rhode & Schwarz, Litepoint, or Agilent cellular automation and testing equipment. With all of this experience testing RF metrics you have a better than average comprehension of the technologies used in Apple products?
- We value RF fundamentals.
- You have hands-on exposure to RF lab equipment like: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.
- You understand RF metrics will help you to discover trends.
- Your basic knowledge of EE lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc. will make you a contributing member of the team in short order.
- Basic understanding of WLAN, BT, Cellular, NFC
- Energy and work towards thriving in a start-up like environment
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles
Description for NFC/UWB focused engineers: • Your 3+ years relevant education and experience is the sort of Engineer we will add to our team. • Developing RF and Analog front-end and/or simulations and tests related to filters, tank circuit modeling, amplifiers, LNAs and antennas is your most recent experience. Also, you will be developing software apps and drivers for our platforms, which is like completing a puzzle for you. • Implementing non-cellular RF ATE algorithms like Tx Power, Rx Gain calibration, Group delay • Specifically, experience with testing RF metrics for both narrow and wide-band technologies
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred