Support Engineering Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Platforms and Services Reporting & Analytics team is seeking a Data Scientist for our Product Feedback programs. You will help define, execute, and identify insights that influence new strategies for supporting the product feedback loop. You will also be a hands-on, passionate and deep expert with analytics tools. Experience with advanced machine learning or statistics, experience working with BI tools and a keen analytical mind are key for success in this fast-paced environment. This role can sit in either Sunnyvale, CA or Austin, TX.
- Industry experience in a Data Science role, in the areas of Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics and BI Visualizations.
- Strong experience in customer support, preferably in the area of product feedback. Exposure in defining critical metrics for a customer support business.
- High level proficiency with R, Python,Tableau and SQL.
- Knowledge of statistical methods including Logistic Regression, Multiple Linear Regression, Factor Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling, ANOVA (Design of Experiments), Time Series Methods etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms like: SVM, Neural Nets, Random Forest, K-means clustering, K nearest neighbour, Association Rule Learning etc. Expertise with Text Mining methods is especially desired.
- Familiarity with database modelling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources for a deep understanding of opportunities.
- Deep business thinking skills, with the ability to answer business questions, with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions on projects.
Analyzing and evaluating the performance of key business metrics for customer support. This would include mining data from various BI systems, analyzing implications and providing thoughtful analysis to the organization. Analyze large datasets to glean actionable insights and present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple. Thinking deeply about ways to support new programs while improving the accuracy of our product issue classifications, ensuring data integrity, and scaling the team's analytical capabilities.
Education & Experience
MBA, Masters or Doctorate in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent professional experience. 5-8 years of research and analytics experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.