Wireless Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Wireless Design Verification Engineer, you will be responsible for pre-silicon RTL verification of communication subsystem including MAC, PHY, and interfaces. With deep understanding of communication systems and protocols, you will interact with DV methodologists, designers and communication systems engineers to develop reusable testbench and verification environment deploying the latest methodology with metric driven verification.
- 7+ years Wireless/Wired communication block/system verification experience
- Advanced knowledge of SystemVerilog and DV methodology.
- Solid verification skills in problem solving, constrained random testing, and debugging.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or Zigbee a plus.
- Experience with MAC or PHY Verification a plus.
- Experience with SOC subsystem verification a plus.
- Experience with SystemVerilog Assertion (SVA) a plus.
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
- Build block / subsystem / chip level testbench using best in class DV methodology. - Build verification plan from specification and review with designers and systems engineers. - Architect testbench with maximum reusability in mind, and create UVM libraries. - Generate directed and constrained random tests. - Debug failures, manage bug tracking, and close coverage. - Create and analyze block/subsystem level coverage model, and add test cases to increase coverage. - Attend verification reviews and set standard for coding quality. - Work closely with DV methodology architects to improve verification flow.
Education & Experience
MSEE and beyond preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.