CAD Engineer - DFT/TE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Our CAD team works to support DFT, Test Engineering and Silicon Validation. In this hands-on role within our team, you will get to write and support software and scripts that teams use to insert BIST/BIRA into designs, verify those systems, and manage test patterns. In addition, you will be developing automation scripts and infrastructure that are used by the Product/Test Engineering and Silicon Validation teams.
- We are looking for skilled engineers who have:
- 2+ years of experience in relevant field is preferred but not required
- Experience scripting in Perl and TCL
- Knowledge in RTL simulators
- Expertise in Design Compiler is desired
- Knowledge in linting, clock domain crossing, and power domain checking tools is a plus
- Good social skills and previous customer support experience is important for this role.
- Knowledge in Formality and/or Conformal is a plus
- Experience with infrastructure and CI/CD automation tools is a plus
- Knowledge of the ATE bringup process and test program management
In this role, our new team member will be: - Developing and maintaining an existing system for BIST insertion and DFT structure verification. - Creating and maintaining existing automation and infrastructure for Silicon Validation, and Product/Test Engineering teams. - Working closely with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions in other flows. - Utilizing your debugging experience to debug vendor tool problems and interacting with designers to help tackle their problems.
Education & Experience
MS/BS Degree in technical discipline