Battery Management IC Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will support the development of Battery Management ICs for Apple’s products. Your job is to define the requirements of such ICs and work closely with a vendor to implement those and ensure that they meet Apple’s high quality standards. The role involves working closely with different cross-functional teams within Apple as well as with external vendors. Occasional travel might be required. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and especially talented Battery Management IC Designer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- - Min 5 years experience in Battery Management architecture design and circuit development
- - Experience with the specification and design of ADCs for Li_Ion parametric measurement, coulomb counting and other key parameters of a Battery Management system
- - Recent working knowledge of high resolution/accuracy ADC design and architecture technologies specifically of 1st/2nd order ∆∑ ADC and SAR architectures
- - Familiarity with post processing ADC filters
- - In depth understanding of performance improvement techniques such as dither, chopping and dynamic element matching
- - Deep understanding of circuit building blocks such as bandgaps, LDO’s, bias networks and clock oscillators.
- - Knowledge of Li-Ion Battery safety requirements
- - Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and Python or C programming
- - Hands-on lab experience is a plus
- - Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities, productive, able to meet aggressive deadlines
- - Good written and verbal interpersonal skills
You will be part of a small team responsible for the silicon part of Apple’s Battery Management systems. In this role you will work closely with the battery team to assemble the requirements for Battery Management ICs and translate those to circuit level specifications. You will work with the custom silicon team and vendors to implement those requirements. The role covers a broad range of activities including modeling the Battery Management behavior, running bench tests in support of design validation, debug, and characterization of embedded on-chip circuits (ADC’s LDO’s Clocks, bandgaps and bias networks). Furthermore you will support In-system measurements for correlating with simulation models, assist in developing test plans and generate reports. You will work with chip design teams, system HW, FW and SW design teams, Test engineering, and Product Engineering
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.