Hardware System Integrator - Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about building world-class video products? Do you have experience architecting products such as Blu-Ray players, televisions, video switchers, set-top boxes, or hardware video processors? Do you deeply understand the architecture of these designs? If so, then we have the perfect role for you. The Apple TV system integration team is looking for exceptional senior electrical engineers to complement our world-class engineering team. In this role, your contributions given your deep understanding of video engineering to drive silicon decisions, provide technical leadership in architecting video based products, develop robust and scalable schematics, provide technical guidance during layout, teach and mentor junior engineers, and collaborate with a vast cross-functional team to deliver the worlds best, most optimized, designs.
- 5+ years overall experience developing products as a system integrator
- You demonstrate strong architectural knowledge of video based product design, EE fundamentals with an ability to teach our up and coming engineers, and you have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Your toolkit includes ASIC or SOC architectures, specifically with HW video encoders/decoders, video pipelines, display pipelines, multi-image blending strategies, CPU, and GPU, and experience with hardware and software architectures for video processing including color space conversion, scaling, frame rate conversion, noise reduction, blending, and more
- Your ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate in a flat organization with deep electrical and protocol knowledge of current and emerging DisplayPort and HDMI standards, and their supporting specifications (including, but not limited to CTA-861, VESA E-EDID, E-DDC, DisplayID, and CVT, etc.)
- Experience with leading architecture, electrical design, and characterization of the following areas: DisplayPort, Embedded DisplayPort (eDP), HDMI1.4b and HDMI2.0b, S/PDIF, ARC, USB-C, I2S, DDR3/4, LPDDR3/4/4x, PCIe gen1/2/3, USB2/3, parallel-NAND, eMMC, I2C/SPI/UART buses, and power
- Our team has hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support, as it relates to video products and experience designing high volume products from beginning to end. If you have experience designing high volume products from beginning to end your will have greater influence and impact in the product cycle from beginning to end.
- Expertise in board CAD tools, preferably Concept & Allegro
- Expertise with High-Definition Content Protection (HDCP) is highly preferred
- Your expert in signal integrity , simulation, RF design for BT, BTLE, and WLAN.
- If you have an expertise in DC/DC power design with a proficiency in use of oscilloscopes, logic and protocol analyzers we want to talk.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to every aspect of system engineering. You will apply your engineering expertise and work with cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love. You will solve challenging engineering problems by selecting components, designing schematics, directing layout, and bringing-up/debugging circuits in the lab. Expect to collaborate with several groups including PD, DFM, RF Design, OPS, Software, HW Test, etc. to bring a product from concept to mass production. You will define and influence custom, future silicon. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. You will provide mentorship and technical leadership to our engineers. Occasional travel internationally to work with our manufacturing partners is expected.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering with relevant experience