Shazam Software Engineer (Web/Full Stack)
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of Shazams. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world!
- Experience working in a fast paced organization with strong demands on front and backend services.
- Experience running and debugging high performance and highly available frontend services.
- Experience with translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Frameworks.
- Strong understanding of web services, http and network technologies
- Strong understanding of Unix / Linux system Architecture, administration, configuration and automation
As a software engineer for this team you will collaborate with other engineers and product managers to develop and deploy highly scalable software that is the heart of Shazam and serves hundreds of millions of users. What will you do? Continuously look for ways to improve our testing and the way we write code to make it flexible and clean, keeping a focus on fast delivery, addressing technical debt and improving performance. Design and develop quality software and highly scalable APIs that serve millions of clients per second. Work directly with the product owner and stakeholders on core infrastructure, monitoring and performance, improving the development, build and test frameworks working towards continuous delivery. Be a key player in evaluating new technologies and setting standards for using existing ones. Who you are: Comfortable digging into someone else's work and providing constructive recommendations for how to improve it. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacious in sticking with a problem until it's resolved once and for all. A great teammate, but you can work on your own initiative as well. Actively looking for ways to improve Shazam's services, and take a personal ownership for the quality of the services we offer. Demonstrate personal accountability, owning the decisions and mistakes that you make.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.