NAND QA Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are seeking a dynamic NAND QA Test Engineer who support the testing and qualification of various programs using solid-state storage. Our engineer will have experience with NAND reliability testing, and validation. You will be part of an extraordinary team of Hardware and Software Engineers who identify and resolve potential risks for all aspects of NAND qualification and testing. This includes generating test programs and automation scripting, as well as data collection and failure analysis. You will have direct impact on Apple's future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding test and engineering challenges.
- 2-5 years of NAND industry experience
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and application of a scripting language (such as Perl, Python etc.)
- Should be capable of using scripting languages for some form of automation
- Basic understanding of black box testing and white box testing.
- Familiarity with data structure languages such as XML and/or JSON.
- Familiarity with source code control management with SVN or Git for example
- A grasp of Operating System concepts
- Comfortable with lab management and/or hardware setup
- Experience using basic laboratory equipment (e.g., logic analyzer, digital oscilloscope)
- Comfortable with working with multi-functional teams and in supporting engineering in debugging and reproducing issues
- Must be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Experience with NAND ATE and/or PCIe or other high speed protocols a plus
- Develop QA systems and frameworks for automation of device testing. - Managing and running stress test rack qualification testing at the system level. - Support qualification and testing of NAND. - Creating test validation checklists and work in cross-functional teams to ensure quality. - Supporting internal engineering teams in failure analysis and defining corrective actions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in EE, CE, CS or demonstrated equivalent experience.