RF Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. You will be responsible for Apple Product Reliability and FA for RFIC's. As a member of our Reliability team, you will work closely with functional groups and subcontractors to coordinate the introduction of new product.
- Minimum 8 years of semiconductor engineering in the IC Product Reliability Engineering role with exposure to different RFIC package technologies.
- Knowledge of device physics, IC fabrication, packaging and testing method.
- Solid understanding of analog/RF fundamentals. Ability to analyze and interpret RF test parameters. Exposure to RF test methodologies a plus.
- Ability to define technical requirements and create electrical schematics for the reliability HW (HTOL, HAST, ESD, Latch-Up, etc.).
- Experience in analog/RF HTOL bring-up and trouble-shooting.
- Statistical analysis knowledge to assess reliability risk on abnormal materials at suppliers and at customer end.
- Knowledge of board level considerations, including component selection, PCB layout, packaging technologies and thermal analysis.
- Experience leading cross-functional team to develop robust qualification strategies.
- Experience applying JEDEC quality related standards, and the science behind them.
- Must know reliability fail modes of packaging technologies and fail mechanisms with respect to reliability.
- Experience driving suppliers in the areas of packaging/assembly, test, on-going reliability monitoring, post-production qualification.
- Good communication skills.
- Travel is required.
- Drive product, process and package qualification and reliability tests - Drive Failure analysis during IC product or package qualification - Implement ongoing quality improvement processes working with the suppliers You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is preferred