App Store Engineering, Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store Engineering R&D team is looking for talented software engineers to build and update App platform. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self-motivated, high-energy individual with excellent communication skills who is willing to question assumptions, take end to end ownership of features and drive them to completion. You should have experience developing large-scale server-side systems using object-oriented languages.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend systems and web services.
- In-depth Java programming experience.
- Cassandra, ElasticSearch/Solr
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs.
- Experience with NoSQL & technologies like Cassandra, ElasticSearch/Solr, Kafka, Hadoop
- Multi-threaded programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile, critical projects
Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test features for the data platform. Maintain and improve existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the release cycle.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired