Silicon Component Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Joining our team as our Silicon Component Reliability Engineer, you will work closely with multi-functional groups and third parties to lead introduction and qualification of new products with high quality.
- Do you have 10+ years of semiconductor engineering in the Reliability and/or Quality/Product Engineering space?
- Can you set up HW setups and equipment for life, environmental, ESD, Latch-Up and other tests?
- Have you audited supplier sites, materials and processes?
- You have applied JEDEC quality related standards, ISO and know the science behind them
- You have worked with reliability fail modes of silicon/packaging technologies and fail mechanisms with respect to reliability
- The ideal background will have experience of silicon product level reliability qualification and lifetime behavior model
- Validated experience in driving suppliers in the areas of silicon Fab process/ packaging/ assembly, test, ongoing reliability monitoring, post-production qualification. Running contractors and suppliers to deliver all areas of product qualification.
- Experience in handling multiple sources. Good social skills
- You will travel 10-15%
As our Silicon Component Reliability engineer, you will be driving product, process and package qualification, and reliability tests. Familiarity with preparation for Qualification including BIB/Socket, waveform, electrical bias, thermal effect and lifetime estimation will make you successful. You should also be familiar with process flows, specifications, workmanship standards, monitoring supplier performance (process Cpk, yield, qualification report, etc.) Your knowledge of how to perform FAI to ensure critical achievements are reviewed before engineering, pre-production and production release for product manufacturing. Your experience in leading product and process non conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D and RMAs, failure analysis and reporting will ensure the team meets objectives. You'll support PCN or ECN activities. Capable of conducting supplier audits. Knowledge of implementing adequate ongoing quality improvement processes working with the suppliers. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is ideal