Senior Backend Services Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple revolutionizes how people interact with technology. We take great ideas, apply hard work and total dedication to the customer experience, and produce great products and services that our customers can't live without. Our commitment to excellence and our creativity enable our customers to do amazing things. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions for complex problems? Delighting millions of people across the planet and working with world-class innovators? All of the above? Then we want to talk to you about this job opportunity. Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. We are looking for a back-end services engineer to work with our team of high-performing and risk-taking innovators to create services that are out of this world.
- 7+ years experience building backend services or cloud software
- 3+ years experience in video, audio, 3D graphics, CGI, or media processing
- 3+ years in state-of-the-art service technology stacks: Golang, Python, Erlang/OTP, Scala, etc.
- 3+ years senior project lead on a significant services product at scale
- Experience with functional programming, highly concurrent, highly available, and highly fault-tolerant distributed services
- Experience with software development tools on Linux
- Proven track record of shipping services in production environments
- Dedicated to mentoring junior members of the team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Real passion for Apple's mission and products
You will work in a small team of backend service engineers to build new services from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features into Apple services such as iCloud. This is a hands-on role where you will be designing and implementing code for these features. You will represent the team as the primary point of contact for one or more backend services projects. Other functional teams, such as the OS software, hardware, applications, and interactivity teams, will rely on you for information and progress updates. You will create and deploy backend services for graphics, video and audio (media) processing and streaming, computer vision and machine learning. Are you a versatile coder with a strong background in backend services development? Do you want to have influence on the architecture and design of new backend services? Are you curious and love learning new things, while working with the best creative people in the industry to solve hard technical problems? Then you are someone we want to talk to!
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent
- - Evidence of architectural or design influence on backend services
- - Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- - Go-to person for technology domain that you are passionate about
- - MacOS/iOS/Objective-C/Swift programming experience is a huge plus
- - Experience with C++ on the server-side is nice to have
- - Game development, or interactive media development experience is nice to have
- - Experience or passion for AR and VR technology is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.