Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple revolutionizes how people interact with technology. We take great ideas, apply hard work and total dedication to the customer experience, and produce great products and services that our customers can't live without. Our commitment to excellence and our creativity enable our customers to do amazing things. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions for complex problems? Delighting millions of people across the planet and working with world-class innovators? All of the above? Then we want to talk to you about this job opportunity. Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to work with our team of high-performing and risk-taking innovators to create services that are out of this world.
- Experience architecting end to end cloud services for interactive high performance media applications.
- Demonstrable track record of shipped products and customer facing services. Experience in AR/VR or related space is desirable.
- 7+ years industry expertise. Hands on programming skills for full stack services development (e.g. Java, Python, Node.js, C/C++, Spark, NoSql DB’s, Zookeeper, Maven).
- Familiarity developing distributed services deployed on local, on premise and cloud based platforms.
- Uses a quantitative approach (modeling, iterative prototyping, analysis, tools) to architect and develop robust secure high performance cloud services that meet demanding experience goals.
- Familiarity with special purpose compute for low latency media (graphics, video, 3D) services and CV/ML algorithms is desirable.
- Track record of influencing cross-functional architects and high performance teams to define architecture.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
You will work in a small team of architects and specialists to develop new technologies and services. You will create and deploy distributed services and microsystems for graphics, computer vision and machine learning. You will work closely with software, hardware, applications, and interactivity teams to create services with potentially massive scale. Are you a versatile architect with a strong background in building scalable secure cloud services? Do you have exposure to languages and technology stacks? Are you are curious and love learning new things, while working with the best creative people in the industry to solve hard technical problems? You are self-starting when needed, but prefer to work with a team of experts who value collaboration. You also like having fun.
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent, Advanced Degree preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.